Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Raw Finale

Yesterday was the final class in the 3 part Raw Food classes at Art of Abundant Living....the class focus was on desserts...yum yum...there were 4 desserts being made and these were - Apple Pie, Strawberry Cheesecake, Key Lime Pie and Kiwifruit Pops.
I was working on the Apple Pie and we had only 40 minutes to make the desserts!! 40 minutes...eek!! You would be surprised how little time it actually takes when there is no cooking involved, and all you have to worry about is presentation, (none of this will it rise? will it sink? will I burn it?, will it be cooked in the middle? malarky) and Its so surprising how creative you can get with these Raw ingredients of mainly nuts, fruit and Agave!
Here are some of the creations we made today

Raw Apple Pie

Raw Key Lime Pie

Raw Strawberry Cheesecake
My favourite of them all was probably the Apple Pie (I'm biased?) but a close second was the Strawberry Cheesecake. However, I would probably recreate the Strawberry Cheesecake. The reason? It's only because the Apple Pie contains figs and I'm not ever likely to have them in my apartment. I LOVED the colour of the Key Lime Pie, it was so vibrant, a real head turner, and it doesn't contain any artificial colour...no, it's what nature gave us!! Yum yum!!

I've had an absolutely brilliant 3 weeks. It's really inspired me to get more creative in the kitchen. Not only that, I will actually be able to make some tasty raw food rather than some lettuce leaves in a bowl dripped in salad dressing and thinking 'this is rather boring'...I was once told by a friend 'your food is so bland' well I hope that with the new found inspiration and a desire to make more interesting food, my friend will one day, eat her words!! (ahem!)

For more information about Raw food classes and other events please visit www.artofabundantliving.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment