Sunday, March 3, 2013

Park bazaar...park bizarre??

Hey...a late post...but anyhooow. Yesterday me and my boys went off to whats called The Museum of Islamic Arts..aka MIA. There is a wonderful park there for kiddies and lovely views of the city with a beautiful coffee shop on the water front. Every first Saturday of every month, in the winter, they have a Park Bazaar. It's a fantastic idea and a step in the right direction for 'things to do in Doha.' There were lots of stalls selling little trinkety things and hand made jewellery. In fact one of my friends was there selling her awesone designs! Check out her blog www.tribeofmannaquins.wordpress.com she does some pretty unique designs and it's all hand made. I bought a lovely purse off of her.
After a little wander we ended up in the food area...it waz a bizaare set up of home made foods in big crock type pots...but...I'm afraid it just didn't do it for me... maybe I didn't spend enough time there or we arrived too late, but I was expecting more....some healthy option foods....even maybe a vegetarian stand..but there really wasn't anything that WOWed me. Maybe its because I've eaten mainly raw foods for a few weeks and I was seeking out something Raw inspiring. Maybe it was because it was all very meaty and the smell of carcass made me want to hurl...whatever it was, I just wanted to get out of there pretty quick!! And so we did...
All in all a lovely afternoon spent with my 2 favourite people...
On a seperate side note...I really need to stop making raw truffles...they are sooo good I could eat them all day everyday!!

1 comment:

  1. We visited a few of these in Thailand and we found the same thing... great for little home made trinkets, but not so good for the food. Even as a meat eater, the cooked market food wasn't nice.

    ReplyDelete