Monday, March 4, 2013

Hows your IQ?

Today, it seems everyone is talking about traffic hell here in Doha.  Maybe it was a particularly bad day for it, but I can say I experienced it too when I boarded my vehicle with my lil man and took him to nursery. My usual 20 minute round trip journey took me 43 minutes!! Yes, I was sad enough to time it (red face). Even sadder then that,  I sat at some traffic lights and watched them turn from red to green 4 times! Whats wrong with that? I hear you say...well as any doha peeps know...if you are stuck at a red light, then you are in it for the long haul!! You will have time to do your make-up, read a magazine, drink your coffee......and wait...and wait. But anyway, we got through it..I got home...

My day improved when one of my good friends, Rachel Matthews, gave me a bar of chocolate. It's called IQ Chocolate and it was developed by her mum, Jane Shandley and her friend Kate Hamilton. They are Scotlands first bean to bar manufacturer using only the finest, organic ingredients. It is a superfood chocolate bar as it processed at a low temperature to ensure MAXIMUM, superior, superfood quality. So, this all tied in nicely with my recent chocolate raw class, I was intrigued to have a taste. So after a pretty hectic morning, I was looking forward to sitting down with a mug of green tea and some IQ chocolate...

OOOO...Lucky me...


Ok...So for the sciency bit. Why a superfood? Well RAW chocolate, or cacoa, contains high amounts of Polyphenols. Polyphenols contain high amounts of antioxidants which, is great for overall health. However, a lot of processing is usually involved in mainstream chocolate, which in effect destroys the antioxidant qualities. The less we mess with chocolate the more health benefits it gives us. See it really is good for us!! Back to today..

How does it taste?? Oh my word...it's delicious!  The perfect blend of smooth, bitter chocolate sweetened to perfection with Coconut Blossom Sugar! The added crunch of the cacao nibs finished it off and was like the icing on the cake!! I enjoyed every mouthful and polished the whole lot off!! It made my day, so thank you Rachel and Andrew Matthews for sharing your IQ Chocolate and letting me experience a little piece of chocolate heaven!! 

Enjoying my IQ Chocolate...nom nom


For more information go to www.iqingredients.com ...go on do it now now now!!


No comments:

Post a Comment