Saturday, May 7, 2016

The 16th day

I am shocked to see that I haven't updated in a week. I had quite a busy week as I am currently volunteering at the shadows School twice a week, plus I dealt with a flood in our villa and a vomiting child....and a husband that was away most of the week. It can get busy and quite full on. I spent most mornings preparing food for myself and that can  take up quite a bit of my time too (totally worth it), so by Friday (the first day of the weekend here) I was ready for a rest!
I was feeling good though, and avoiding sugar, I believe, gave me the energy to deal with the week. The afternoon slumps are pretty much gone and the foggy brain has improved. I admit, Friday, was a bit of 'drag my feet day'  even though we all went for a little bike ride in the morning which was lurrrrvvvvellly.
I also went out with friends on Friday night. I had 2 glasses of red wine, felt quite pissed!! Oopsie....but had a fabulous, sweaty night dancing with friends out in the desert heat.
Saturday, although gasping for water all day, I woke to a rank tasting mouth that lasted all day and craved sugar a little bit too....Lesson learnt. I dont particularly need to drink to have a good time, but I did fancy a tipple that night...

So I am continuing and enjoying the journey. It is a relief to have some food addiction freeness and not be continuously thinking about what sugary substance is lingering in my cupboards in the evening for me to devour. The fat intake is still high and I believe that this has contributed to the sugar relief. I hope I have found a balance. I have still not eaten fruit (except grapes in wine heheh) to be honest I am a little afriad to taste anything sugary as I don't want to go back to the sugary 'mess' that I was only a few short weeks ago...

No comments:

Post a Comment