Sunday, May 1, 2016

Is it really day 9?

Wowers. Day 9! No fruit, no refined sugar, no soy and day 7 of no grains!!

Why no soy? I am on the fence with the pros and cons of soy. I have read good and bad stuff about it...and having had it for 12 years, why not see what happens if I eliminate it?  Secondly I drink an almost daily soya latte from a coffee shop, I definitely don't want the dairy version, another plant milk alternative is not available so I just sluurped away. But with cutting out the sugar, I assumed the soya milk would be loaded with the stuff so thought 'what the heck' I'll drink tea instead!!

So what do I eat!?? I would say I am eating a lot of plants! A lot!! I have found some great alternatives....spiralising courgette is one idea for a pasta/spaghetti, cauliflower rice is another and more recently I have learnt about the burger alternitive using one of those giant flat mushrooms...what are they called???!!
For example, tonights dinner is a bolognaise, made with a mushroom mince, (mushroom, carrot, garlic and onion, finely chopped in a food processor or blender) with a tomato salsa and cauliflower rice (sautéed with garlic and kidney beans.) Yummmmmy!! Ok, I admit, it can be a bit time consuming but making bulk and eating it the next day for lunch makes it worth it. I also like that I know what I am putting into my body and being more aware of the rubbish that is out there. AND I actually do really love to cook.

How am I feeling? I have been on a bit of a rollercoaster of emotionas this weekend and some of my unpublished posts may just remain unpublished. It's been a tough weekend and am wondering if, the holistic therapist in me, thinks this is a type of body healing process of all the foods I have eliminated. If it is, then I didn't handle it very well and should have just gone on a deserted island until I was feeling myself again. Today I am feeling much better.
Physically though I feel good and the afternoon slumps have actually kinda gone. And I dont feel so foggy headed like I used too :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment