Saturday, May 14, 2016

Day 22....

I have made it past the 3 week mark!!

To celebrate my 3 weeks of no sugar I was delighted with my first lot of sugar cravings...can you believe that?! A few times throughout the day I had moments where I felt weak. It was unusual as I haven't had any cravings until yesterday!! I got through it and didnt touch da sweet stuff.

I did however have some gluten free oats yesterday. I made sweet potato and mushroom burgers. The recipe asked for oats and my first attempts WITHOUT the oats would not bind together and would break and fall apart even after I had cooked them....so I used oats and they came out much better, although in my opinion they tasted better without the oats! Did it contribute to cravings? I dont think so, but I was super bloated last night.

This morning, I heated some left over pancakes for my shadow, I cannot lie...the smell!!! Omg...it was divine!! I just kept saying, 'these smell so delicious'  neither the shadow or husband got what I was talking about. I think my sense of smell has changed!

I still had some cravings today but I keep reminding myself of how awful I felt only a few weeks ago and how far I have come in the last 3 weeks....I feel a bit antisocial as I have already turned down 3 takeaways, a couple of vanilla soya lattes and lots of sweet feedings from my shadow...but right now this is important to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment