Thursday, April 28, 2016

Day 6. Snappy Happy

I am in awe of myself...I cannot believe I have got this far!!

I said in yesterdays post that I was feeling amazing and I truly am, but I am also a little 'snappy' too, which I also mentioned in yesterdays post. This I don't particularly like...

This morning I woke a little groggy. Possibly because I exercised last night and then couldn't get to sleep an hour or so after exercising. I must have slept well though because I woke to a human in my bed and wondered at what point in the night had this little person crept into my bed.

I feel good though. Did I mention that I have cut out grains too? It kinda happened accidentally, eating more plant based foods. The first two days I had wheat in my veggie sausages so I suppose this is day 4 of no grains. I am not even eating the gluten free kind. In my head, I figured I wanted no temptation, if I had grains, I believe it may lead on to a sugar splurge/cravings. I have always wondered about grains though, I have a skin problem known as keratosis polaris...or 'chicken skin' (mermaid skin) and I have been reading that it could be caused by a sensitivity to gluten and it's ability to stop the body from absorbing omega 3. I have stopped eating gluten in the past, but never noticed much difference in my skin condition, maybe because I wasnt paying much attention. But today, it feels as though the skin on my upper arms are much softer and certainly less 'scaly' (I used to say I was a mermaid in my past life...) could it be.....so more motivation to keep going.

I am suprised at my motivation to eliminate fruit for as long as I have...I don't particularly miss it either. I was however cutting up strawberries for the shadow yesterday and o my....they smelt soooooooooooooooo sweeeeeeeeet!! Has my nasal buds changed too? Is that possible? Thoughts?

Btw...I had an amazing curry-like-dinner last night made from sweet potatoes and lentils, I made cauliflower rice and softened it in a pan with water and garlic...o my..it was amzing. I should have taken a picture but I scoffed it down...sorryyyy

I am currently un-drying?? Is that even a word? red kidney beans. I soaked them overnight and now have put them in the slow cooker for 8 hours. I have never done this before so wish me luck. Dried beans/lentils are so cheap I don't know why I haven't done this before. I keep buying the canned versions though and although thats fine, BPA or whatever it is, from the can is not. Also, I recently nearly vommited on a funky tasting red kidney bean. It left me questioning the health of a canned bean!! Eek....

No comments:

Post a Comment