Friday, May 28, 2010

A week and a half later!!!

Ok, so I haven’t been very good at keeping this blog up to date, it’s been a bit of a whirlwind since I got here…and I’m beginning to forget what’s been going on and what order…however, it has been a week and a half of just finding my feet here, exploring Doha, the compound, buying bits and pieces for the apartment, shopping, more shopping, oh and the hardest part, relaxing by the pool. I’ve tried a spot of yoga, which was introduced to me by a lady on the compound called Tash, and we went for coffee at this mall called the Villiagio…

o and did I mention the compound has two swimming pools, a gym, a Costa coffee, a supermarket, a laundrette, a community centre and more…it’s a pretty cool place to be.

The gates to our compound
So, this weekend, I really fancy a beer!! Qatar isn’t a dry country, but you have to drink in licensed premises…so tonight we are going to the Sheraton so I can have a Guinness and I cannot wait! Just a little bit of pub normality will be awesome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment