Monday, May 31, 2010

Medical Drama

I just have to tell you about my medical experience, it was craaaazy…so my new yoga friend Tash had given me the lo down of the what to expect…’get there early…make sure your at the front of the queue…you need to be the first one in there…don’t be polite as you’ll get pushed back….get there  for 6.30, I was out by 9’ so I was fearing today as I DON’T LIKE VIOLENCE.…and was secretly hoping that my height would have some advantage at this point….so we are there bright and early and am the second person in the queue waiting for the doors to open for the 7 o clock rush…I get out of the queue for less than 5 minutes and this mass array of people had formulated in a blink of an eye…how did that happen and where on earth did they all come from? It’s a womens only place, so I had to leave hubby slung against a building window as I quickly got back in the queue…o why o why did I leave it in the first place…people are gathering around me, people are pushing in, and I’m just stood there cussing myself for leaving this darn queue in the first place…why wasn’t I person number two with my arms spread across the door so no-one could get past me???
 So the doors open…and a huge tidal wave of people come rushing towards me…no wait a minute…the door…they’re trying to get in…and I’m now part of the tidal wave…following the crowd…people are pushing and shoving…o how grateful I am of my height right now..no-one is getting past me for sure…so we go to one room where this dude is handing out tickets…again  more of this pushing stuff going on, and I get my elbows involved…o how sorry I am that someone may have walked straight into them, but how happy I am to have that golden ticket in my hand….and….o….ticket number 13…of all numbers…but not bad considering…so I went down 11 places…not bad at all…now onto the next challenge (and also the longest part…you really do need a lot of patience out here) was to pay the lady…so we are sat…waiting for the staff to arrive for work, get off their mobile phones, eat there morning cookie, kiss their friends on the cheek, then FINALLY sit at a counter, where they can make just one last teeny weeny phone call before that counter displays TICKET HOLDER – 1 COUNTER -4 so you’d think all the staff would jump on the band wagon and perhaps follow suit, to help ease the already maxed out waiting room…but NO…one lady it is then….FINALLY, I pay the dosh, and head for my x ray, ‘take a gown, change in there, all clothes off’ ooo my dignity…but it’s ok…she didn’t mean it, she just meant all clothes from the top half…but I knew that right?…then the x ray room…some crazy French lady with a mass of crazy hair  (bless her, the amount of people she must get thru in a day…no room for politeness)  shoves me into some plastic wall, arms around my back then ‘click’ I’m done….out, changed and heading for my blood test….well so far this is going quite well…I sit down have a small chat with the doctor and am told I look like Julianne Moore…hmmm is that a compliment? She is a beautiful lady, but she’s in her 40’s…do I look like I’m in my 40’s already…gulp…don’t answer that….so I’m done for 8…what a result….I’m pleased that the ordeal is over and I return to the car to find a snoozing husband…wakey wakey…we can go home now… 

No comments:

Post a Comment