Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Goodbye England, Hello Qatar

I flew out of Heathrow at 7.55 am this morning, I never did get to bed, and I was still running on adrenaline when I got to my mum’s at half past 4. It was an emotional time, I couldn’t hold back the tears any longer as everything got to me..I was so nervous. After a long hug from my mum, (she has a knack of making me feel very comforted, and confident that everything will be ok)…we got in the car for the hours drive to Heathrow…my little sister came too and my nephew who is only 4 and a half weeks old!
Once there, I checked in, went for coffee and then said a very emotional farewell to my mum, Cara and Phoenix…It was horrible, and just reliving the moment in my head makes me want to cry like a baby, I was birthing partner for my sister, and it was hard to leave her, she’s more than my best friend…and Phoenix…I want to play such an active role with being an aunt, I feel like I’m letting him and my sister down by going away…the only pick up from this was that someone once told me that there favourite aunt lived abroad…I can only do my best with being the best aunt to him and have an influential role in his life…and my mum…saying goodbye to my mum was tougher then I thought it would be, she is mum at the end of the day, and knowing that she was no longer just around the corner to be my emotional rock was upsetting, but I’m proud of her, and love her very much…
I literally went through security, got on the plane, had some breakfast then woke up in Qatar!!
I FINALLY got to see my husband, after 3 and a half weeks, there he was, like we never had been separated at all!!
Then we went outside…geesh!! HOW HOT!!! I knew it was the dessert, but nothing had quite prepared me for this!!
The first thing that struck me was how flat the place was…no hills…secondly, as to be expected, no grass, which was very weird…but not a major issue..Then it was off to my new home….

No comments:

Post a Comment