Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Talking myself out of it…

So it’s the 18th may, the day before I leave this grassy homeland for sandy, sunnier climates!! I have a million and one things to do, and I always seem to be last minute.com…it’s better this way, as the pressure gets me motivated to do anything…so here’s what I have to do
repack my case- I was misinformed that I was allowed to check in 70kilos worth of baggage, only to be told a week before I go that in fact it is 20!!! ARGH!!! That won’t even cover all my shoes!!!
Pack the rest of the house up (bearing in mind I have been TVless, Sofaless etc for the last 3 weeks)
doesn’t sound a lot really, but there is a heck of a task to achieve in 24 hours! Luckily my good friend Leah offered to help (aka little sis) and without her, I would never have been able to do all this
So she sorted out paperwork for me, folded up clothes, cellotaped and wrote on boxes, cleared out the food in the kitchen, lugged boxes down the stairs into the car and to my mum’s (a big shout out to Leah’s BF Tony who helped with the boxes, thank you times a million!!) meanwhile, I cleared out the bathroom, packed, unpacked, repacked, sorted out what was to be put into storage, what was to go to my mums, packed then repacked, and we still had time to dump stuff off at the tip AND have coffee with my big sis AND have dinner at my dad’s…We achieved quite a lot, and I am eternally grateful for all of Leah’s help today…however I still have a bit to do at home, but that could wait until I say my emotional goodbyes to Leah, my dad, young Tony, Old Tony and Joe
I skyped the husband, and washed my hair…there are still bits to do and I don’t think I’ll be getting to bed at all tonight…
O and ps…I’m getting really scared now. I’ve never really flown on my own before and that is scaring me slightly…not sure why, but it is…I’m a real comfort zoner, and have to be really pushed to get out of my ‘safe’ zone, but I’m so scared that I’m almost talking myself out of going ?!! If I go to sleep at all then tomorrow will just come quicker, so another reason to stay awake all night

No comments:

Post a Comment