Thursday, April 4, 2013

The Garden

I thought it was about time that I updated you all on our little balcony project. It's all growing amazingly and the more I see growing, the more excited I get. It's funny because I know where food comes from, I know it grows on trees or out the ground, I know it grows from seed etc, but I've gotten a whole new respect for food now that I have actually SEEN it grow from nothing!! I'm fascinated when the tomato plant flowers, and then turns into a tomato, it's just an amazing moment and a reminder of just how spectacular mother nature really is!! Love the planet people...it's here to protect us!

Anyway, here are just a very few pictures of what's happening in our jungle-



Mixed Lettuce Leaves
 

Pak Choy
 
Rocket 
 
Carrots, Garlic and Sunflowers
  
Tomatoes
 
 
We also have a whole heap of other stuff growing too. Basil, Chives, Mint, Coriander, Lemons and Peppers. I'm thinking we are going to have a challenge on our hands now that it's rapidly warming up here in Doha and who knows if anything will actually survive the summer heat. We are already watering like crazy, but it's worth it...there is a beautiful smell on our balcony once everything has been watered, which reminds me of home...or anywhere green for that matter! MMMM...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment