Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Blender Blunder!!

My beloved blender died a few days ago...r.i.p blender...it served me well for 2 full years, its just unfortunate that it was no longer able to keep up with the abuse that I threw at it. It was used daily, and in the beginning I would use it to make smoothies using soft fruits like blueberries and bananas. Towards the end of its life however, I was throwing in frozen bananas and other frozen fruit, I could hear the blender struggling until one day, on a sunny afternoon in Doha, the bottom of the blender split. It was the end. Im without a blender and have had to use a handheld device in  temporary replacement until we decide what to do. Hubby jokingly thinks I destroyed it on purpose in order to get a blender upgrade! Cheeky!! Especially as I recently went to a Thermomix demonstration, which, by the way, looks like an amazing piece of German equipment!! I have however heard amazinng stuff about the Vitamix. O what to do *sigh*

In other news... I have some sort of throat infection. Probably lovingly given to me by my little man. He's had conjunctivitis and an ear infection so we have been house bound for a few days. Anyway, not really wanting to load myself up on parecetamol, I decided to try and take a more natural route.  I've read many times that cinamon and honey in warm water is supposed to be good for the throat.  I have been replacing the honey for lemon, it tastes very pleasant. I've also been making fresh orange juice and watermelon smoothies, all of which give temporary relief. I'm hoping that this will fight the infection ASAP as we have little family getaway next week :-)

TTFN folks xx

No comments:

Post a Comment