Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Supermarket Finds!

Whilst out food shopping today, I came across an Organic section. Believe me, the Organic sections in the supermarkets here are pretty small and quite honestly, rubbish!! Anyhow, I was quite impressed to come across a few items that I had read on other peoples blogs and have been tempted to buy/order online in the past, but have never really got round to. So I picked up these items (for a small cost of about £6...OUCH!) and thought I would give it a go...





Once I got home, I was a little uncertain about taking the Maca powder whilst pregnant...So I went in search of some info online. I found a lot of conflicting stuff, so to be safe, this product will probably stay in the back of the cupboard for now, at least, until bambino is born. However, I was excited about trying the cacao nibs as I had read that they are actually quite good for you and full of antioxidents...etc....anyway, an update of what I think tomorrow!! :)

I was also quite impressed with the amount of soya mock 'meats' they had in this supermarket. Somedays you go into the supermarkets here and cannot find anything vegetarian, so most of the time we end up having to bulk buy in order to make sure the suply is always there at home! I also came across some vegan cream cheese, which I tried when I got home. It is divine, especially sprinkled with a little chive!!


All in all a good find out here in Qatar! I'm spoilt when I go home to the UK sometimes with the abundance of vegetarian food available! You can get vegetarian here, but you just have to look for it or learn how to be creative with it!!

TTFN xox

No comments:

Post a Comment