Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Cacao not what I expected!

Hey and good morning!

I made a morning Breakfast smoothie, which usually consists of frozen berries, a banana, soya milk...however, I've been a bit more experimental this last week or so, and here is the main reason why....First of all, I've taken to making my own almond milk! The reason for this is because a good quality soya milk can be quite expensive here in Qatar, and if I buy the cheapo stuff, I can not be confident that the soya beans used are from GM or not...I had been drinking the cheap stuff, but decided that it's simply not good enough...anyhow, I came across a website called heathereatsalmondbutter.com and found a nut milk reciepe, so I though I would give it a shot, and it was very simple to make! The only thing I didn't have was a cheese cloth to really filter the milk, but thats OK, lumpy milk is fine with me for now...anyhow...my morning smoothies now look something like this

1 banana
Handful of mixed frozen berries
1 scoop protein powder (vanilla)
Almond milk
Loads of cinnamon (depending on how you like it!!)
oh...and some recent additions
3 teaspoons of oatmeal
and to top it all off some cacao nibs...

the cacao nibs were very bitter, I guess, like most people, we have an illusion that chocolate will taste all sugary sweet, when the reality is that it's far from it!! I liked it though, and it especially worked well sprinkled on top of such a sweet tasting smoothie!! This will now be a new addition to my breakie!! Well for as long as Doha shops stock up on them for now!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment